Appetizing After-School Bites
You won’t be calling for delivery once you try this recipe. This easy-to-prepare Hawaiian pizza packs a ton of flavour and will have even the pickiest eaters asking for more. Store-bought pizza dough makes it quick to prep and any leftover sausage or fruit can be packed as a school snack for the next day. If pineapple is a bit tart for your taste buds, try substituting local and in-season pears. Sweet and Savoury Hawaiian Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 454 g ball fresh pizza dough
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups kolbassa sausage, diced
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a 14-inch round pizza pan (or an 18×13 rectangular pan).
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough, sprinkle with mozzarella and add toppings.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy.
- Broil for 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
COURTESY: News Canada