Is it for the everyday look?
There’s a blue lipstick trend popping up on Pinterest—it’s a little bit Avatar, a little bit something-only-Rihanna-could-wear. The question is can we pull it off? To find out, we sat down in pairs, with dozens of shades to choose from, and captured thoughts on camera. Some chose pale, creamy sky blue “I feel like a smurf”; others swiped on a bright royal “my dog ate a box of crayons when I was younger and this is what she looked like.” One—and, honestly, only one—rocked a dark, goth-like navy. Several asked their partner to choose the colour for them. But in the end, it came down to: would they ever really wear it? Maybe “to a concert” or “if I were drunk, in the summer, maybe…” (Ouch). All of our testers agreed that you need a complete, Pinterest-model makeup look (preferably by a pro), including a heavy eyeliner and bold brows, to balance out the crazy blue lips. Another requirement? Apparently, you have to strike a solemn, serious pose to make blue lips look cool—no smiling, no talking, no eating. Which means, for us, the verdict is: no thanks.
If you want give these a try:
- NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream in Jet Set
- NYX Wicked Lippie in Envy
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Heroine
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Moscow
- MAC Lipstick in Anything Once
- MAC Lipstick in Cold Front
- MAC Lipstick in Designer Blue
- MAC Lipstick in Matte Royal
- Manic Panic in After Midnight
- MAC LipMix in Blue
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Young Attitude
Courtesy of: Real Simple