Healthy Halloween Goodies with Manitoba Harvest
As we gear up for another Halloween, everyone is excited to bring their most delicious – and spooky – Halloween treats to the table.
Traditionally, Halloween treats are known to be high in sugar and low in nutrition, but there’s no reason why they can’t be both tasty and nutritious! Did you know the average child consumes 3 cups of sugar on Halloween? Yikes! That doesn’t even include the days after Halloween when they’re still digging into their haul. This Halloween, ditch the high sugar content and opt for healthier treats that both kids and parents alike will enjoy. Manitoba Harvest’s Banana Hemp Ghosts put an eerie twist on this sweet fruit, and is sure to get everyone in the Halloween spirit.
Ready in just minutes, these spooky treats pack a nutritional punch with hemp hearts – including plant-based protein and Omega’s (they boast 10 g of protein, 12 g of Omega 3 and 6 per 30 g serving – that’s twice the amount of protein and 25% more omega-3 and omega-6 compared to flax or chia).
Banana Hemp Ghosts
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Bananas (each banana makes two ghosts)
- Peanut butter (or the nut or seed butter of your choice)
- Coconut flakes
- Hemp Hearts
- Chocolate chips
- Popsicle sticks
- Cut each banana in half and insert a Popsicle stick in the middle.
- Using a butter knife, spread an even layer of peanut butter onto the banana until it is completely covered.
- Combine the coconut flakes and Hemp Hearts and transfer to a medium-sized plate. Roll the banana in the mixture until it is completely covered.
- Insert the chocolate chips into the banana as the ghost’s eyes and add a raisin for its mouth.
- Place the ghosts in the freezer and take out when you are ready to serve them.