With a little bit of planning you can host the best barbecue.
Summer’s heating up and so should your grill. It’s time to take the party outside and host a memorable get-together for friends and family. Here are some tips to remember when planning your next barbecue:
- Plan ahead. Determine your menu and whether you might want to go potluck style. This will help you decide what to make and what to buy, as well as what you can take care of in advance and what needs to be done the same day. Pick main and side dishes that feature produce that’s in season. Save the elaborate dishes for another time and have options that you know your guests will like.
- Setup and decor. Keep it simple and functional for an effortless look and easy cleanup. Opt for paper plates and plastic cutlery to save on the dishes. Wrap sparking water and punch pitchers in patterned paper to dress up bottles quickly. Hang lights in your backyard to keep the party alive when the sun goes down. The local dollar store has plenty of decorative items that won’t break the bank.
- Serve a feast. Keep dishes simple and serve buffet style. This lets your guests try new things and help themselves to seconds. Buffet style is also helpful if you’re serving kids who are picky eaters.
- Keep it casual. Whether it’s your invitation, location or what you’re wearing, make sure to create an atmosphere that you and your guests can completely relax in. For a stylish and functional ensemble, try the Ripzone Ottoman stripe poplin shirt from Mark’s with your favourite shorts.
- Don’t forget the music. Consider playing tunes that everyone knows and loves. Usually, classic country, southern blues and jazz work well as outdoor background music. To save time, use free music streaming services that offer event-themed playlists.
SOURCE: News Canada