Who doesn’t love pasta? In fact for some kids, it’s all they will eat – no veggies please. But now you can have your pasta and veggies too.
Catelli Super Greens is an all-natural pasta made from 100% Canadian wheat and a delicious blend of five green vegetables including spinach, zucchini, broccoli, parsley and kale. Rich in flavour, it is also packed with nutrients like magnesium, potassium and iron and is a high source of fibre. An easy way to get a little green into your meals!
Here’s a great recipe from celebrity chef Cory Vitiello star of Chef In Your Ear on Food Network and owner of the Harbord Room, THR &Co. and Flock.
Baked Rotini with Summer Eggplant, San Marzano Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Buffalo Mozzarella and Bread Crumbs
1 pkg. (300 g) Catelli SuperGreensTM Rotini
3 cups (750 ml) crushed San Marzano tomatoes with juice
2 Japanese eggplants cut into 1 inch cubes
200 g ball of buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
1 cup (250 ml) fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup (125 ml) Italian bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring 4 litres of salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a frying pan, fry eggplant in small batches with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper until golden and tender. Transfer to paper towel to absorb excess oil.
3. In same pan, add 3 tbsp (45 ml) of olive oil and add garlic. Cook until translucent. Add in tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook until juices begin to reduce.
4. Cook rotini according to package directions.
5. Drain pasta and transfer back into pot. Add tomatoes, eggplant and fresh basil.
6. Pour all components into serving casserole. Top with slices of buffalo mozzarella and sprinkle breadcrumbs overtop.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Drizzle with olive oil; serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by Chef Cory Vitiello
Want to learn more about Catelli or get more recipes? Check out https://www.catelli.ca/en/