Mom-Sourced and Kid-Approved: Easy Beef Bulgogi
There’s a battle taking place in the kitchens of homes all across Canada. On one side, you have tired parents, and on the other side, picky eaters. Parents just want to provide their kids with a nutritious meal, but it can be tough in the face of “ews,” “yucks,” and “can we have pizza?”
The struggle to create healthy kid-approved meals is a common one. Nearly four-in-10 parents admit to struggling to find meals their entire family will eat, and more than a third avoid dinnertime altercations altogether by preparing a different meal or dinner for their kids, according to a recent study released by Minute Rice.
Carol Gomez, food and lifestyle blogger and mom of two, knows that spending hours creating multiple meals just isn’t feasible. She suggests that parents focus on finding easy substitutions instead of creating a second full meal from scratch, like serving eggs in place of fish with rice, for example. Solve your own dinnertime dilemmas with kid-friendly recipes like this Easy Beef Bulgogi.
Easy Beef Bulgogi
c/o Carol Gomez, Carolaucourant.com
- 1 lb of thinly sliced sirloin (or any tender prime beef cut), thinly sliced, about 1/8 inch
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp. rice wine (mirin)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 cups Minute Rice Premium Instant Long Grain White Rice
- Mix all ingredients except the beef in a bowl to create marinade.
- Add beef and marinate for a few hours or overnight for best results.
- Grill or pan-fry until meat is cooked (approximately 30 minutes).
- Garnish with sesame seeds, add individual serving sizes into foil packets, close packet and serve with a side of Minute Rice premium instant long grain white rice.
COURTESY: News Canada