Toronto Women’s Fashion Week – A Hair Affair
Classic Meets Contemporary At Day One Of Toronto Women’s Fashion Week
As the official hair partner of the first-ever Toronto Women’s Fashion Week (TWFW), Redken and the brand’s International Artist, Jorge Joao, created unique, trend-setting looks imagined to not only compliment but elevate the incredible FW17 collections seen strutting down the runway.
Collaborating with the featured designers and inspired by their vision, Jorge created looks that ranged from sleek and classic to textured and edgy. Check out the how-to’s below for the slicked back look seen at David Dixon and the braided beachy waves from Rachel Sin. Additional shows from day one included Luis Padilla, Shelli Oh, Di Carlo Couture and Joseph Tassoni.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by spraying Redken Guts 10 ($23.49) from the roots to mid shaft
- Directionally blow dry hair towards the back of the head and create a left side part
- Spray Redken Iron Shape 11 ($22.09) heat protecting spray to the ends and flat iron
- Finish by spraying Redken Triple Take 32 ($21.99) at the top of the head for hold and shine, then rake back hair with fingers to detail
#HOTTIP: Sleek and shiny hair never goes out of style
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep the hair with Redken Pillow Proof Primer Spray($24.79) and Redken Full Frame 07 ($23.49) applied from roots to ends
- Blow dry hair straight and create a left side part
- Spray Redken Iron Shape 11 ($22.09) heat protecting spray and use a curling iron to create a soft beach wave
- Create two braids, one by the hairline on the short side of the left side part and the other from a random piece of hair near the back of the head
- Criss cross braids and pin together to tie back the curls on the left side
- Finish by spraying Redken Fashion Waves 07 ($22.99) for texture, creating the ultimate beach wave
#HOTTIP: Pair multiple braids with beachy waves for the ultimate laid back look
About Redken 5th Avenue NYC:
Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolour company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair.
Stay connected to FUSIA for more from Toronto Women’s Fashion Week…